Your website may be facing problem while running on the various web browsers. You may be aware of this or may not be aware of this. Manual Cross browser testing is very time consuming. The testing agency should have all the web browsers and across platforms to test the compatibility of your web content. To maintain consistency in appearance and graphics they have to test on each and every browser. They have to spend a lot of time in debugging and then testing. This turns out to be a cumbersome and tedious job.
|Cross Browser Testing – Make your Web content User and Browser Friendly|
Why there is Need for Checking Compatibility
1. Your website may be “Gaming Zone” website and it requires Plug-ins, Direct X and various add-ons. Different browsers do not have the same plug-ins and add-ons and this is the major reason your web content will have problem in downloading or running on different browsers.
2. You may be having e-learning, video loading, Product related website and different websites are written in varied languages. The various web browsers may not support all the languages so your web content may experience visual and execution errors. Codes may differ for the different web browser and thus it may cause inconvenience to the user.
Benefits of Cross Browser Testing
You can tune your web content according to different web browsers and it will increase the traffic on your web content because users then will not switch over to your competitors websites. Of course your profit share and web content publicity will increase. Your web content will become user friendly and will become famous among them.
Cross Browser Testing Tools
A plenty of websites are available on which you can test the appearance and downloading speed of your website. Some features of these tools are mentioned below:-
1. Different tools have different testing time as well as varied execution process. You need to be patient until the results are displayed.
2. The number of browsers covered by each tool is also different. Some may cover up to 100 different browsers whereas other test the compatibility with only widely used browsers such as Chrome, IE, Firefox, Safari etc.
3. Different testing tools have different subscription monthly or yearly plans. Some may offer month-by-month subscription whereas other straight away goes for yearly plans. Free testing is also available but it would be having less features and services. It is normally suggested to go for the premium ones. You may encounter some initial expenditure but you will realize the returns on your investment later.
4. Usually the “Screenshot” mode is employed by all the testing tools to give you an accurate idea of graphics, appearance, bars and buttons.
5. Some famous testing tools are browsers, Adobe Browser lab, Browser Shots, Browser seal and Litmus. All these have different characteristics as mentioned above.
While selecting the right testing tool you should keep some points in mind. Firstly, figure out the problem. Try to know the reason why your website is facing cross browser problems and what the best solution is for this. Then you may consult your web content developers and designers regarding the best possible solution for this. You can ask your friends, family and peers concerning your problem. Online directories and yellow pages can be looked at. Finally deciding the best solution you may head to the right testing tool, which will guide you through the testing process.
Cross browser testing has become the most widely used testing technique these days because of the number of advantages attached to this system. Making your web content compatible with the various web browsers will help your venture or enterprise flourish and multiply.